Friday, September 2, 2011

Soy Rubia!

On Tuesday I went to the mall in Santiago (the smaller one of the the two) and we had to take the subway. There are so many people and they stand so close to you. People stare at me because I am blonde ( soy rubia) and I look like a person from the united states. I don't look Chilean at all!! ahaha but its funny that I get so much attention. Also I said taht the mall was the smaller one of the two, haha it was like a small town!!! it was sooooooooooooo big. It makes the Parks Mall in Arlington look  so pathetic. It was soo cool and my sister Camila an I are going to the BIG mall tomorrow to shop! I am so excited! We went there yesterday to buy my uniform for school. which I really like also. I wore mine today and I was so excited to wear it and whaat do ya know, it was a jeans day so i just looked like an idiot blonde in my full uniform. but it was ok because luckily I wasn't the only one, my sister was wearing hers too. We had pictures for the yearbook today and that was fun. The photographers were so interested in the fact that I was from Texas. I feel like the main attraction at school. The school is really small so they all know that I am a "estudiante intercambio de Texas." plus I don't look like everyone else. Everyone at school is so nice to me and they are so geuine. Most of them know english and they want to practice their english with me so that is fun, plus since it is my first week I am glad I am able to communicate with some people because most of the time I am quiet because I am trying to figure out what these people are saying. They are always laughing and its frustrating that I don't know the jokes. But I know with time I will learn.

They talk so fast especially the teens at my school. Also they cut off words like instead of "por favor" (please) they will say "porfa" and they also say "po" a lot. "po" is used like american teenagers use the word "like" or "see." I just figured this out yesterday because I was sitting there listening and thinking " what is 'po'" but I asked and its not even a word its just like a filler. I was sooo confused. Well everyday I am confused about something. But I feel like my family is actually my family and not just random strangers letting me live in their house. Some how there is always food ready. I think my mom must cook all day or something because there is ALWAYS food! It is awesome! They are sooo nice.

This afternoon, a plane full of famous people crashed off an island in Chile called Juan Fernandez, and they are still not sure what happened, they just saw things floating on top of the water so they think everybody on the plane is dead. It is so sad and a lot of people here are sad because there were famous people like news reporters on the plane. I pray that God is with them and their families tonight as they figure out what happened to their loved ones.

I'm sure that this blog was very unorganized but that is how my brain is right now. I still don't know what is going on most of the time, and my brain jumps from one thing to the next and I can't even control it. Thanks for reading the blog of a confused,tired,blonde, exchange student from the United States in Latin America! :)

2 comments:

  1. I love reading everything you write! Every word is a gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying these. Teach them some of the ways of a Texan!

    ReplyDelete