Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Summer in December

ok its been awhile. I have a feeling this blog will be lengthy so grab a cup of coffee and get ready for a novel. No I'm just kidding, but this one will definately be longer than others.

Oh where to begin? Well first off I would just like to say that it is extremely weird that summer is December and that Christmas is 3 days away and I am going to swim parties and tanning like its July. Its so hot here, not Texas hot but there is so much humidity and smog I almost think it might be worse! But I think of the summer we just had in Texas and then I think " ok its really not that hot..." haha.
OH CHRISTMAS IS 3 DAYS AWAY!!
How this even happen? I don't even understand how time could go so fast. I can remember in August when I first started my exchange I remember thinking to myself " If I can just make it through the holidays and past New Years then it will be smooth sailing from there..." I now here I am, 3 days away from Christmas sitting on my roof outside my bedroom in Chile and wondering how time could go by so fast. I am having so much fun here. I have been hanging out with some other exchange students that are here in my area and they are so fun. I just got back from a party/ sleepover with a bunch of exchange students who are from all over the world like Finland, Germany, Mexico, Canada, and U.S.A. They are all so crazy and fun to be around. There was one point where we all simultaneously woke up at 4 am and we were all speaking different languages like German, english, spanish and even spanglish. Of course I think nothing of it and go back to sleep. If i was not an exchange student this would be a really weird thing to wake up to at 4 am. Also another thing that is pretty a normal thing to do is to go to the supermarket and buy food and then sit out on the patio and eat and not care what anybody else thinks because we are hungry and we are going to eat wherever we want. WE don't care if people stare.

The bond between exchange students is the wierdest and coolest thing in the world. We all have a common interest and it doesn't matter what country you come from, what language you speak, what color your hair is, all that matter is that you are an exchange student. We all have each others backs and its a bond you won't be able to find anywhere else.

I have made it to Christmas. I can't believe it. If I can do this I really feel like I can do anything. anything I do after this will be so much easier. I have learned more about my self in 4 months than most people do in a lifetime and I owe it all to my SAVIOR, my Rotary Family, Friends, and of course family.
Ok, maybe not a novel. I feel like i had more to say but i cant remember now. I am going to bed now. Chao everyone! Have a Merry Christmas!!<3

No comments:

Post a Comment