Sunday, June 26, 2011

What if the trials of this life are your mercies in disguise?

I sent in my visa application yesterday and also booked my plane tickets. The plan is to leave out of DFW at  night on august 21st and fly all night and arrive in Santiago around 8ish on august 22!
 Something so simple like buying a plane ticket can really send me into a phase of excitement that probably only my fellow exchange students and Rotex(students who have already exchanged)  can fully understand. Preparing for such an important year of my life can bring many different struggles, and roadblocks, which are already testing my faith and how strong I truly am. Even now I'm beginning to see things differently, and think about and explore things that I have never thought of before...which is essentially what an exchange student does! The emotional things I'm srtuggling with will help me grow and be the best person I can be, not only as an ambassador for the United States, but as an ambassador for Christ.

Aside from my exchange, on Saturday I will be traveling to Ensenada, Mexico to share the love of Jesus to orphaned and abandoned children at an orphange called "City of Children" and also doing benevolent work and work projects in the surrounding areas that are in extreme poverty. I covet prayers as me and many members of my church family travel out of the country next week. I hope to practice my spanish and gain confidence speaking to people who I know will be patient with this "gringa" trying to speak spanish! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment