Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Through His Creation

First off I would like to apologize for not posting in a while. This past weekend I went on a Rotary trip with other exchange students to Penalolen. We visited Rhuka Mapuche where we learned how to count to 10 in the mapuche language. Then we went to this beautiful herb garden where you could pretty much eat every plant there. We were allowed to pick the flowers and the garden smelt so beautiful. After that went to a mountain where you could see all of Santiago below. It was beautiful. We had an "asado" for lunch which is like a  barbeque only better :) Then we talked with other exchange students and their families. Then a few of us went on a trek up this beautiful mountain. Words can not even describe how beautiful it was. God is so good. I really felt close to God while I was up on that mountain enjoying his creation.

Then on Sunday my host brother left for Germany for his exchange year, finally (he had problems with his visa too) but he is now there safely and he doesn't know a lick of German. Sunday was a hard day for me because everyone was crying and hugging and there was so much love and it reminded me of when I left for my exchange. Renato was crying and his friends were crying and there was just so much love that it just made me miss my family, yet at the same time I was crying because I was happy and thanking God for putting me in such a wonderful loving family.

Being here has allowed me to develop a better relationship with God. Realizing that it IS just me and God on this journey has helped me get through some rough nights. Not being around my youth group has been really hard but it has also allowed my faith to become my own and I realized I don't need anyone else but God. Saturday as I hiked "Through His Creation"I was reminded how amazing He truly is. I was speechless. Being in nature shows the real beauty of God.

"Beauty puts a face on God. When we gaze at nature, at loved one, at a work of art, our soul immediately recognizes and is drawn to the face of God."- Margaret Brownley

I am also teaching a cheerleading dance to some girls at school for the "alianza" week coming up. Which is basically like a competition between grades. Cheering has made me feel more at home. I am excited to see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment